Download and unzip uninstall.zip.
This small applet will remove the WhatRoute Cache and Settings files.
Download WhatRoute 1.12.0
WhatRoute 1.12.0 - Changes and Features
- Intel only - (latest PPC version is WhatRoute 1.11.0)
- New privileged helper - net.whatroute.helper
- New context menu in Flow Monitor and Traceroute tables - right click on address or hostname field
- Improved handling of DNS and network timeouts
- Tested with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Flow Monitoring of remote hosts - requires small helper on the remote host. Please contact me if you wish to try this.
- Bug fixes and code refactoring
Download WhatRoute 1.11.0WhatRoute 1.11.0 - Changes and Features
- New Flow Monitor window
- Option to start Monitors when the window is opened
- Option to start WhatRoute at Login
- Use Notification Center on Mac OS Mt Lion
- Display WhatRoute Icon as Gray Scale (someone requested this - not sure why)
- Use MacOS databrowser to display Traceroute results
- Use MacOS databrowser to display Address Scan results
- Use MacOS databrowser to display Response Time results
- Use MacOS databrowser to display Network Flows
- Display Flow paths and Trace path on the Map window
- Bug fixes and code refactoring
Download WhatRoute 1.10.8WhatRoute 1.10.8 - Changes and Features
- CodeSigned for Mountain Lion
- LAN MONITOR - Show individual flow bitrates.
- LAN MONITOR - Updated tcpdump.
- LAN MONITOR - Optional display of fields in flow table.
- LAN MONITOR - Sort fields in flow table.
- LAN MONITOR - Added Pause/Resume button.
- OPTIONS - User settable ordering of the command popup menu.
- WHOIS - Fixed crash when TLD has no known Whois server.
- HELPER - Copy WhatRouteHelper to ~/Library/Application Support.
- HELPER - returns privileged file descriptors to WhatRoute. (Used by Trace, Ping, Lan Monitor)
- PING - fix display of source address.
- Main window - fixed tabbing between input fields.
Download WhatRoute 1.10.7WhatRoute 1.10.7 - Changes and Features
- New program Icon
- Google Earth - Better handling of meridian crossings.
- LAN MONITOR - Show network flows on the world map.
- PING - Show source and destination on the world map.
- ADDRESS SCAN - Show source and destination on the world map.
- INTERFACE MONITOR - Use either Linear or Logarithmic graph scales.
- MAP WINDOW - Buttons initiate Google Eart, link to the MaxMind site and select the colours to use for network flows.
- Internal - Fixes problem with starting the helper program.
- Internal - Better scrolling in text windows.
- Internal - Caches are all xml property lists.
Download WhatRoute 1.10.6
There is a minor problem in WhatRoute 1.10.6 that will prevent it from launching if it is run from a folder containing space characters anywhere in the path. Please install it into a folder that has no spaces in the path name.
If you are still experiencing problems, the simplest work-around is to copy the program to your /Applications folder or otherwise contact me. WhatRoute 1.10.6 - Changes and Features
This path will fail: ~/My Utilities Folder/WhatRoute.app This path will succeed: ~/Utilities/WhatRoute.app
- Added Growl notification framework.
- ASN - New command for finding the ASNs to which a network either belongs or with which it peers.
- TRACE - Show ASNs (optional) on traceroute display.
- Map - Fixed scroll-wheel behaviour on Lion.
- Map - Cursor tracking fixed on scrolled map.
- Map - Show ASN in map drawer.
- Graph - Host/address can now be entered on the Graph window.
- Graph - Retain server addresses when stats are cleared in Graph window.
- Graph - Show ASN on hop statistics.
- Tree - Show ASN on node details.
- Internal - More reliable initiation of WhatRouteHelper.
Download WhatRoute 1.10.5WhatRoute 1.10.5 - Changes and Features
- Built and tested on OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Scan - Add port scan.
- Scan - display a warning before port or network scanning
- Scan - graph the scan response times in a drawer window
- Ping - graph the ping response times in a drawer window
- Trace - hide the response times table by default
- Geotrace - click a map node to see hosts at that node
- Interface - add a WhatRoute icon to the system menu bar
- Internal - fixed memory leak in Ping
- Internal - settings file refactored
Download WhatRoute 1.10.4WhatRoute 1.10.4 - Changes and Features
- Geotrace - use geoip.whatroute.net for geo-location
- Geotrace - fix meridian crossing in Google Earth
- Geotrace - show all netinfo lookups
- Geotrace - fix incorrect string conversions in map
- Geotrace - fix location of Pitcairn
- Geotrace - Google Earth now pins IP locations at altitude 0, viewed from 40000 - prevents the "flying pins" problem
- Tree - fix location search for node details
- Tree - fix delete sub-tree
- Internal - clean up memory allocator
Download WhatRoute 1.10.3WhatRoute 1.10.3 - Changes and Features
- Whois - fixed crash when a whois server could not be found - thank-you wikileaks.org.
- Ping - fixed formatting of the summary report.
- Geotrace - Use the MaxMind GeoLite City data hosted at www.whatroute.net.
- Geotrace - Expire old entries from the database periodically.
- Geotrace - Use UTF-8 for displaying country data.
- Internal - Fixed crash with Trace command.
- Internal - Fixed URIs for data files.
- Internal - Moved string resources to a '.strings' file.
Download WhatRoute 1.10.2WhatRoute 1.10.2 - Changes and Features
- DNS - added an option panel that enables a user to use alternate name servers - e.g. the google name servers.
- Traceroute - The user can set the hop from which to start returning results.
- Geotrace - reworked algorithms to use DNS LOC records.
- Whois - Major code cleanup focusing on handling recursive queries.
- Whois - Added a control to show/suppress the display of standard server disclaimers.
- Network scan - simpler interface for setting the network mask.
- DNS Query - report record types LOC and AAAA.
- DNS Query - Changed default class to ARPA (IN) - was ANY.
- Ping - fixed output formatting.
- Interface - Added Help menu.
- Interface - Add 'Bring All To Front' menu item.
- Interface - Dont run when application is on read-only media.
- Internal - tasks and threads are more dynamic further reducing idle load.
- Internal - Geolocation/DNS cache is more efficient.
- Internal - fixed memory alignment issues with some Mac models.
- Internal - run 'Check for Update' in background to prevent UI from freezing if web server is down.
Download WhatRoute 1.10.1WhatRoute 1.10.1 - Changes and Features
- DNS - fix an issue where some DNS servers were unable to resolve WhatRoute queries
Download WhatRoute 1.10.0WhatRoute 1.10.0 - Changes and Features
This release does not have many externally visible changes but I have put significant amounts of work into refactoring the code with a net reduction in memory footprint of approximately 10MBytes and a significant reduction in CPU usage.
- Google Earth - set initial focus to end point of the trace
- Refactor large amounts of code
- Fixed memory leakage while performing network activities
- Added option to check regularly for new releases of WhatRoute
Download WhatRoute 1.9.1WhatRoute 1.9.1 - Changes and Features
- Google Earth - use multiple polygons to handle crossing the +180/-180 meridian
- Fix crash at startup if Preferences files are wrong-endian
- Optimise cache initialisation
- Add country flags to the route map window
- Preload the country location data
- tcpdump cleanup
- Remove font sensitive characters from messages
- Fix crash if WhatRoute is Quit while a trace is running
- Bind about box buttons to bottom right of the window
- Fix endian problems on Interface Monitor display
- Add popup menu for saving google earth data to a KML file
- Fix fatal error in network scan
- Fix altitude and initial location in Google Earth KML files
- Add path information to Google Earth KML files
Download WhatRoute 1.9.0WhatRoute 1.9.0 - Changes and Features
- Universal Binary - MacOS X 10.4.0 or later is required
- Visualise route maps with Google Earth
- Register your own IP address and location at the geolocation service www.hostip.info
- Removed Open Transport interfaces and use the unix native services
- Removed code for Classic MacOS and M68K
- Removed the WASTE text engine and replaced with TextServices
- Remove the Telnet server
- Moved location databases from Library/Preferences to Library/Caches
- New dynamic memory manager using a Fibonacci Buddy System
- New interface to DNS
- Many bug fixes